This thematic area aims at improving agricultural efficiency and food security in deprived rural communities through the promotion and implementation of sustainable and integrated farming methods. Ensuring food security and improving livelihoods on a sustainable basis are the main goals of this thematic area.
PROJECTS UNDER IMPLEMENTATION
- Strengthening Civil Society and Private Sector Participation in Forest Law Enforcement and Governance for Sustainable Forest Management, in partnership with Friends of the Earth-Ghana et al., financed by the European Commission, 2013 – 2016.
PPROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES ALREADY IMPLEMENTED
- Promoting Agriculture, Poverty Reduction and Livelihood Improvement in Ghana (SAPRELIG or SIP 2) Phase II, Financed by the Social Fund of the Food Industry of Belgium, 2008 – 2012.
- Enhanced Guinea Fowl Production in the Three Northern Regions in Ghana, Project Number TCO/GH 133, financed by the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO), 2011 -2012.
- Sustainable Food Production, Income Generation and Poverty Reduction in Ghana (SIP), financed by the Social Fund of the Food Industry of Belgium, 2004-2008.
- Sustainable Food Production, Income Generation and Poverty Reduction though Modernised Guinea-fowl and Pig Production in the Upper West Region funded by FARMER Project (CIDA), 2004-2006.
- A Sustainable Approach to Poverty Reduction and Sustainable Human Development in Ghana: Non-Timber Forest Resources Farming (NTFRF) in the Sefwi Wiawso District in the Western Region of Ghana, financed by Canada Fund for Local Initiative (CFLI) of CIDA.
- Promoting Poverty Reduction and Food Security in Ghana through Integrated Farming Systems in the Upper West Region of Ghana.
- Harnessing Water Resources for Enhancing Vegetable Farming in the Lambussie Valley of the Lambussie-Karni District (HAWREVFAL), Upper West Region.
- Sustainable Agriculture, Poverty Reduction and Livelihood Improvement in Ghana: Promoting Aquaculture in the Sui Community in the Sefwi Wiawso District, Western Region.
- Replication of the Project on Sustainable Food Production, Income Generation and Poverty Reduction to the Other Regions of Ghana.